Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Larry Sartoris Larry Sartoris is offline

Default deleting objects

only a few problems with that i think? I can't seem to select the hidden
original. I like your idea I might be able to work with that. I just get an
error when I try to select a hidden object:

Sub lines()
ActiveSheet.Shapes.Range(Array("AutoShape 42", "AutoShape 43",
"AutoShape 45", "AutoShape 46")).Select
Selection.Copy
Selection.Visible = False
ActiveSheet.Shapes.Range(Array("AutoShape 42", "AutoShape 43",
"AutoShape 45", "AutoShape 46")).Select
Selection.Visible = True
End Sub

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

why not copy the shape, delete the lines, hide the original. to reset,
delete the copy, unhide the original.

Tom Ogilvy

"Larry Sartoris" wrote in message
I have a confusing question to ask. (Hopefully it won't be too

confusing).

I have this picture made up of different lines (autoshapes). What I want

do is, is use an inpubox and take info in. Depending on the info (just
numbers) I want to delete certain lines. And then I want to "replace"

them
when I run the macro again.
(like a "reset"). I have this all down...

My problem is when I "replace" the line, I don't know how to delete that
line later. It'll have a different autoshape #. That's how I was keeping
track of the lines originally.

If I was a little too confusing let me know. I'll try and explain it
further. Thanks so much!