Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default close excel without saving

If the code prevents saving the workbook, then how are you going to save the
workbook after you enter the code.

What you have to do is go to the immediate window and enter

Application.EnableEvents = False

now save the workbook and close it.

Go to the immediate window and enter

Application.EnableEvents = True

to reenable events.

Tom Ogilvy

"Mike" wrote in message
Tom,
Thanks for that. I haven't tried it yet 'coz I didn't understand the
'disable macros first' comment and the workbook contains loads of macros
which would take for ever to disable. I am wanting other users not to be

able
to save changes when using the excel 'X' 's (quit buttons) nor to see a

save
prompt.
Mike

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

in the ThisWorkbook module

ThisWorkbook.Saved = True
Boolean)
cancel = True
End Sub

After you add the code, you will have to disable macros manually, then

save
the workbook.
Tom Ogilvy

"Mike" wrote in message
I have inserted various code(s) in vbs "this workbook" using private

sub
auto_close
and private sub work_book close() after other code to close

excel/workbook
without saving or displaying a prompt but none seems to work.
I have used 'application.displayalerts = false'.' application.quit',
'thisworkbook.close savechanges:=false' etc etc in a variety of

different
combinations.
Perhaps I am placing the code in the wrong place or perhaps I should

be
saving before quitting or ..... ?
Can anyone help ?
Mike