Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Damien McBain[_2_] Damien McBain[_2_] is offline

Default close excel without saving

Mike wrote:
Tom,
Thanks for that. I haven't tried it yet 'coz I didn't understand the
'disable macros first' comment and the workbook contains loads of
macros which would take for ever to disable. I am wanting other users
not to be able to save changes when using the excel 'X' 's (quit
buttons) nor to see a save prompt.
Mike

you only need to disable events:

application.enableevents = false

this will stop the on event code from running (like Workbook and Worksheet
code) until you do a true

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

in the ThisWorkbook module

ThisWorkbook.Saved = True
Boolean)
cancel = True
End Sub

After you add the code, you will have to disable macros manually,
then save the workbook.
Tom Ogilvy

"Mike" wrote in message
I have inserted various code(s) in vbs "this workbook" using
private sub auto_close
and private sub work_book close() after other code to close
excel/workbook without saving or displaying a prompt but none seems
to work.
I have used 'application.displayalerts = false'.' application.quit',
'thisworkbook.close savechanges:=false' etc etc in a variety of
different combinations.
Perhaps I am placing the code in the wrong place or perhaps I
should be saving before quitting or ..... ?
Can anyone help ?
Mike