Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
mangesh_yadav[_351_] mangesh_yadav[_351_] is offline

Default offset function

Hi Brad,

do the following, supposing your data is in sheet1 in range A2:B5, with
the headers in row 1, then in another sheet, in cell A1 enter:
=SMALL(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$5,ROW(A1))
and copy down upto 4 rows.

In B1, enter:
=INDEX(Sheet1!$B$2:$B$5,SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$5=A1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&COUNT(Shee t1!$A$2:$A$5)))))
and copy down 4 cells.

Note: Also try to post your queries on the newsgroup instead of
personal message, as there is a much larger scope that your query will
be answered by someone else.

Mangesh

Mangesh,

The solution I got from ninja stevie does not solve my problem. Here is
an example... please bear with me...

in columns A1:A5 i have "Purchase Orders" "568", "559", "564", and
"570" respectively. in columns B1:B5 i have "Vendors", "abc
contracting", "dunrite electrical", "moes painting", and "xyz
plumbing". thus creating a numbered list of
purchase orders with their respective recipients. please note that they
are not in numerical order... on another sheet I would like to have the
purchase orders displayed in ascending numerical order with their
respective recipients also displayed. is this possible?

Thank you for your time
Brad

--
mangesh_yadav