Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
K Dales[_2_] K Dales[_2_] is offline

Default Merging Pivot Table Data

I assume the two PivotTables come from two different data sources (lists), so
I don't think you can combine them in one PivotTable, but have you looked at
the GETPIVOTDATA worksheet function? You could set up your list of part
numbers in a regular Excel range and use the GETPIVOTDATA function to lookup
the In Stock and Required numbers from the two tables, e.g. (assuming part
number is in A1, and using Cell1 and Cell2 to refer to cells in each of your
2 tables):
=GETPIVOTDATA(Cell1, A1& "Qty") - GETPIVOTDATA(Cell2, A1& "Qty")

" wrote:

I have 2 different pivot tables & want to merge them to get differences in
quantities of identical part numbers. For example :-

Table 1 - In Stock Table 2 - Required

Part Nr Qty Part Nr Qty
12 2 10 2
15 1 12 4
16 3 13 4
20 1 20 1
26 5 23 2
28 4
35 1

I want to get the difference between the two tables as if Table 1 were parts
in stock & Table 2 parts required and for the results only to show for the
parts in table 2

Output as below if possible

Part Nr Deficit
10 -2