Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Mike is offline

Default SAVE AS MACRO

Harald i thanks a million !!
Could you possibly tell me what the code (and where to put it) is to stop
the excel
exit button offering a save option ? I don't want the user to be able to
save the workbook they are working in. Thanks.
Mike

"Mike" wrote:

Hi Harald,
I'm a bit thick...
Where do I put the code you suggest ? Or do I replace all my code with your
version ? I copied/pasted my code from one of your previous helps I think.
Mike

"Harald Staff" wrote:

Sure it crashes. Your code insists on "Save" and Windows says "No save". Try

If Dir(myDir & "\" & myFilename) = "" Then
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
myDir & "\" & myFilename, _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False
Else
MsgBox "File already exists.", vbInformation, "No can do"
End If

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Mike" skrev i melding
Hope this helps.
'Sub SaveMe()
myFilename = InputBox("Enter filename") & ".xls"
myDir = "C:\documents and settings\mike\my documents"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _
myDir & "\" & myFilename, _
FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="", _
ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=False

"Harald Staff" wrote:

Hi Mike

Post the macro please.

Best wishes Harald

"Mike" skrev i melding
I have a "Save As" macro. When activated a box appears asking for a

file
name.
If the the file name already exists a prompt asks if the existing file
should be over -
written. If I answer YES there is no problem. If I answer NO a VBS

prompt
asks if I
want to END or DEBUG. Ideally if the answer is NO I would want to

return
the sheet the macro was in. Mike.