Jon Peltier

Do you want the average as the value of the last point? Arrange the data
like this and make the line chart with these two columns.

Category Value
a 0.895
b 0.745
c 0.729
... ...
Average 0.774589

Do you want the average as an additional series plotted with the actual
values? Arrange the data like this and make the line chart with these
three columns.

Category Value Average
a 0.895 0.774589
b 0.745 0.774589
c 0.729 0.774589
... ... ...

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Micayla Bergen wrote:

i have a series of data as a line graph, i want my average to be plotted as
well. the average is a single value based on the series not a moving average.
i have put the average 'series' in and told the chart to plot empty cells but
nothing has appeared except my single value average and it is not formatted
the same as the actual series, i.e. the series is 0.895whatever and my
average is 0.774589etc. but the series is showing up as a whole number but
the average is not, i.e. series is 8.95whatever and average is still 0.774589
thanks anyone