Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joel Mills Joel Mills is offline

Default Userform retain data after closing and reopening

I got it to work. I added the following to Workbook open event. 1st
Ungroup, because the textboxes were grouped. This allowed changes to be
made by the userform. Next I stored the inputs into a hidden worksheet.
This was called by the TitleForm_Initialize macro. And finally I regrouped
the textboxes, so that when the user called up the Titles form it would run
through the coding I had already implemented.

Here's the code on the textbox at the UserForm level:

Sub TextBox1_Change()
Sheets("Curve").Activate
Worksheets("Curve").Shapes("Curve Line No. 1").Select
Selection.Characters.Text = TitlesForm.TextBox1.Text
Sheets("Hidden").Range("C1").Value = TitlesForm.TextBox1.Text
End Sub

And here's the code at the Workbook level.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Ungroup
TitlesForm_Initialize
Regroup
End Sub

bhofsetz and Ken, thanks for your response. Because of it I was able to
figure out a solution.

"bhofsetz" wrote in
message ...

Joel,
The only way I know of to retain values in userform fields when
the workbook is closed and then reopened is to have the textbox.value
assigned to a worksheet cell and then when the userform is reloaded you
have to use the initialize event procedure to read the values from the
worksheet back into each textbox. You can use a hidded worksheet so
the user won't have access to the sheet where you are temporarily
storing the textbox values
If you only want the text boxes to be able to reain their values while
the macro is running then you can assign the textbox values to public
variables before unloading the userform. Then when the userform is
reloaded use the initialize event procedure to fill the textboxes from
their respective variables.

Hope this Helps

--
bhofsetz