Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel Nigel is offline

Default Group cells and sort

Your example does not seem to show any sort order? In general unless the
data to be sorted has one or more 'keys' to provide the sequencing then you
will not be able to do it. If the data is pre-sorted in as much the order
it is supplied in, then you might find adding a helper column with a
sequence number from 1 to n useful, you can then use that as part of a sort
routine within the other column(s) you wish to sort on.

--
Cheers
Nigel

"KNS" wrote in message
Is it possible to group rows and have the sheet sorted by the first item

in
the group? ie, we have orders with multiple items, and every item is on a
separate row, so if we wanted to sort the orders by the first item on the
order, is it possible to have that done and maintain the orders together?.
ie
I would want this:
order sku name
1 789 Bob