Erik Millerd

"ScottO" wrote:

If the text you wanted to strip down was in A1, then you could use a formula
like
=LEFT(A1,FIND(CHAR(10),A1)-1)
You may be able to adjust the formula to suit your need.

BTW Char(10) is the equivalent of a shift+enter in Excel.

Rgds,
ScottO

"Erik Millerd" wrote in message
| I have a cell linked to an Access database field. This field contains
carrage
| returns. I want to display only the data before the 1st carrage return. Is
| there a way to do this? Perhaps useing the LEN, LEFT and other functions?
| BTW this is in Excle and Access 2000.

Thanks Scott!!

I have one other question. I put this in cell A2. This works great, but if
A1 does not have a CHR(10) a #Value error is returned. I think that an IF
function will work to say that IF A1 has a CHR(10) then perform the above
function, else , just = A1. Is this correct?