Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default international excel issues

Hi Anders

In this Beta add-in (DataRefiner) I insert English functions with
.Formula

http://www.rondebruin.nl/datarefiner.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"keepITcool" wrote in message ft.com...
Anders,

I suspect you are (attempting) to assign the formula's string
to the cell's .Value or default property.

when you are writing formulas in code you should/must use
one of following:

.Formula
.FormulaR1C1
.FormulaLocal
.FormulaR1C1Local

for your purpose:
best to avoid the "local" variations and you should have no problems.

however:
I'm not familiar with C, so i cant be definitive
but that's the way it's done in VBA.

--
keepITcool

Anders Lindén wrote :

Creating an excel-document using automation seems to be a national
dependent process if you ask me.

If I am doing a program that puts the IF function in a cell (using
Excel.Application with IDispatch), it works to create the document
using my program on a computer with an english installation of excel.

But not if the installation language is swedish.

Then I have to use OM instead of IF. People that claims that you
always can use the english translation and it will be automatically
translated to swedish, did they actually test it before they claimed
it?

Am I expected to have a list with all possible translations in my
program and to check which version the user runs?

Or can I set the Excel.Application object in a certain mode where it
will understand english?

/Anders