Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Macro ?

Hi

Is the letter always one character ?

Dim str As String
str = "G33"
MsgBox Mid(str, 1, 1)
MsgBox Mid(str, 2, 100)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"dok112" wrote in message

Hello all, I need some assistance please....I have a macro that is
putting a reference into a particular cell...the reference depends on
the cell that certain information is placed in, so it can differ every
time the macro is run. Now, I need a way to take that cell and break
it up into the letter and number. ie. Range("A3").value = "G33"...I
have another macro that is going to use the value "G33", but I need it
to break it apart into the letter "G" and the number "33"...is this
possible?? Any help provided will be greatly appreciated!

--
dok112
dok112's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=10581