Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find specific cells

I think I'd just start at the bottom and work my way up looking for numbers:

Option Explicit
Option Base 0
Sub testme()

Dim fCtr As Long
Dim myAddresses As Variant
Dim otherWks As Worksheet
Dim wks As Worksheet
Dim cCtr As Long
Dim myRng As Range
Dim NumberOfAddresses As Long

myAddresses = Array("AT3", "AU3", "AV3")
NumberOfAddresses = UBound(myAddresses) - LBound(myAddresses) + 1

Set wks = ActiveSheet

Set otherWks = Workbooks("book2.xls").Worksheets("sheet1")

With wks
Set myRng = .Range("J100:J1000")
fCtr = 0
For cCtr = myRng.Cells.Count To 1 Step -1
If Application.IsNumber(myRng.Cells(cCtr).Value) Then
fCtr = fCtr + 1
otherWks.Range(myAddresses(fCtr - 1)).Value _
= myRng.Cells(cCtr).Value
If fCtr = NumberOfAddresses Then
Exit For
Next cCtr

If fCtr < NumberOfAddresses Then
MsgBox "Only " & fCtr & " numbers found instead of " _
& NumberOfAddresses & "."
End If
End With

End Sub

The bottom most on the list goes to AT3, then AU3, then AV3?

If not just change the order in this line:

myAddresses = Array("AT3", "AU3", "AV3")

sirjadin26 wrote:

I'm sort of new to VBA programming with Excel and am trying to write a
code that will do the following:

1) search a range covering J100:J1000 looking for the last 3 cells
which have numbers in them, skipping over those cells with text.

2) I want to copy those three numbers to a worksheet in a different
excel book
to range AT3, AU3 and AV3

It sounds simple in my mind but I can't see to do it. and I would
appreciate any help in this.

Sirjadin26

--
sirjadin26