Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default can't copy a sheet within same workbook

Hi Woody,

Try:

Sub Tester()
Dim oSumarySheet As Worksheet
Sheets("WP_DETAIL").Copy After:=Sheets("WP_DETAIL")
Set oSummarySheet = ActiveSheet
End Sub

---
Regards,
Norman

"Woody" wrote in message
.119...
I'm trying to make a copy of a sheet right after itself. I first tried
this:

Set oSummarySheet = Sheets("WP_DETAIL").Copy After:=Sheets("WP_DETAIL")

I get error:
"Compile error:
Expected: end of statement"

The editor highlights "After", so I try:

Set oSummarySheet = Sheets("WP_DETAIL").Copy(, Sheets("WP_DETAIL"))

Now I get a run-time error '424':
Object Required

The source sheet exists. In the immediate window, I do this:

?Sheets("WP_DETAIL").index
3

I thought it might be confused about what sheets collection, so I tried:

Set oSummarySheet = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("WP_DETAIL").Copy(,
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("WP_DETAIL"))

Got the run-time error 424 again.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,