Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default setting up a hopefiully simple macro

You don't need VBA, use DataText To Columns with a separator of *.

--

HTH

RP

"ekafrawy" wrote in
message ...

Hi I was wondering if using a macro would be a good way to do this.
I have a bunch of cells that have 5 or 6 sentences in each cell. Each
sentence is separated by an Astrisk(*) or double Astrisk(**). Is there a
way to have excel take each sentence and put it into its own cell
automatically? instead of copying each sentence and pasting it into its
own cell one by one?

Thanks

--
ekafrawy