Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMB JMB is offline

Default macros don't work if opened using IE

If you're on a network, check w/your computer people to see if network
security has disabled Auto_Open Macros/Event Handlers.

Dave's suggestion is the only other thing I can think of.

"Christopher Sequeira" wrote:

I have an exls file wherein, when file is opened adds a Temp Menu and Items
to the Worksheet Menu Bar by macros.
The Temp Menu is populated with the sheet names of the workbook opened.
This works fine when opened using excel application.
However when the file is saved on an FTP and opened by IE the macro does not
work.
It only adds the Temp Menu Bar to the Menu Bar and is not populated with
Workbook sheet names. Also the Insert, Format, Tools, Data - Menus are not
activated.
I guess we use the "Worksheet Menu Bar" Commandbar name. when we should use
"Menu Bar" Commandbar name.

Even Pivot Update by macros of updating more than one Pivot in a same sheet
does work but does not refersh the sheet of the update only refresh on
selecting another sheet and coming back to it.

Now how I get the macro working. when opened by IE.
Any suggestions..