Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Richard Buttrey Richard Buttrey is offline

Default Trapping an invalid email error in Excel VBA code

Hi,

I have a list of email names in a worksheet
I also have a subroutine which loops through these names, creates an
Outlook email with the "OLMail.Send" command, and sends the message.

Where the email name is not recognised by Outlook, an error is
returned and the macro halts. I'd now like to build some error
trapping code into the macro so that the invalid email name is marked
accordingly and the subroutine then carries on looping.

I can see thatan On Error Goto command can send program control to an
error handling routine at the end of the subroutine, but as this is
outside the For..Next loop, once the error is handled the macro stops.

Can anyone suggest an alternative approach? Is there such a thing as
an OnError redirection command which could call another subroutine and
then return back to the loop?

TIA

Rgds

__