Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Event of the dropdownbox in a cell

the change_event of the worksheet will be triggered
when you change / select in data validation dropdown

--
keepITcool

Man Utd wrote :

I figure out that I can use a formula in the other cells but I do
need a macro as the user may accidentally delete the contents of
these cells and the formula will also be deleted.
So I need to capture this event handler and then call a
function/procedure/macro to do a look up and fetch the values and
fill in these other cells.

"Man Utd" wrote in message
I have made a dropdonwbox in a cell by defining a validation list
to the cell.
Is it possible to catch the event when the user select an item in
the dropdownbox? I want to fill up other cells in the same row when
it happens.