Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Odd or Even

I didn't even evaluate the previous poster's method - I guess I assumed
that since it was in all caps, it was a worksheet solution, and you were
correcting it. No offense meant!

The solution I provided in a different subthread assumed that "variable"
was of the appropriate type, which I should have pointed out.

I think that the fix to your function would depend on the situation -
rather than "Invalid value", which necessitates the function return a
variant, it might be more appropriate to keep the boolean function and
return False. One could even explicitly type Val as a Long, and perform
the implicit coercion in which a single or double would be rounded.

In article ,
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Strange, 1.3 MOD 2 also returns 1 which the previous poster called as Odd,
but you didn't seek to point that out?

And if non-integer values need to be catered for it is easily extended

Public Function IsOdd(Val)
If Val \ 1 < Val Then
IsOdd = "Invalid value"
Else