Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_4_] Jim Thomlinson[_4_] is offline

Default Can macros/functions interrupt formulas?

Check your calculation setting (Tools - Options - Calculations Tab
-Automatic). If your code toggled that setting Application.Calculation =
xlManual and the code ended prematurelly then that would describe why it only
recalcs on save. Any time your code toggles an application setting it is a
good idea to use an errorhandler to reset the setting in the event of a
crash...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"BigDave" wrote:

In column A is 20 cells set aside for user input. Column B contains
LOOKUP formulas and returns text based on Column A.

I had a string of commentText functions for A1:A20 that if the once the
user entered a value (whole number 1-17) they were prompted for a text
comment via a inputBox that was recorded in A140:A160 by
=commenttext(A1), etc.

I've figured out the functions didn't work like I wanted, so I deleted
them and the =commenttext() in A140:A160.

Now...when I go to enter a number into cells A1:A20, the LOOKUP
function in column B does not execute until I Save, or Print.

Ideas?

--
BigDave
BigDave's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7741