Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Eric White[_2_] Eric White[_2_] is offline

Default removing digits from one column to another

Oh yeah, the 5-digit number column will be dependent upon the 13-digit number
column, so don't go deleting it. If you wanted to delete the 13-digit
column, leaving the 5-digit column, you'd need to select the 5-digit column
and then in another column Paste Special - Values.

"Ryis" wrote:

hello I have a spreadsheet which I would like to create a formula which will
take a 13 digit number and remove the first 7 digits and leave me with the
last 5 digits of the number.

Thanks in advance,

Ryis