Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to deactivate cells without macro references

If you're designing this workbook, maybe just disabling events (temporarily)
would be sufficient.

Alt-f11 (to get to the VBE where macros live)
ctrl-g (to see the immediate window)
Type this and hit enter:

application.enableevents = false

Change it to true when you're ready to test your workbook.

Adomas wrote:

How to deactivate cells which are not used by macro but when I change
something there most of my macros start running.
I can do changes only when I switch to design mode.
How to make so, that the changes in the cells wouldn't start macro?
And how to do so, that when I change a value in drop-down menu which doesn't
contain macros it wouldn't start macros of another drop-down menu?

Thank you for the help!

--

Dave Peterson