Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
STEVE BELL STEVE BELL is offline

Default HOW DO I AUTOMATE CREATION OF JOB SHEETS?

Create a loop for your data sheets.
Use Worksheets.Add to add a new sheet
(you can also specify where that sheet goes)

Some people place it at the end of the workbook with
Worksheets.Add after:=ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets.Count

But be careful - you may create a heavy workbook.
And your workbook will slow down and the number of sheets
increases.

I have up to 100 sheets in one workbook and it hasn't slowed much,
but tests show that you will reach that point eventually.

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"bobby smith" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have a lot of customer data for job sheets that need printing out.
I was wondering would anyone know if it would be possible for Excel to
read
in a data file, or even another excel spreadsheet and for each record/row
create a new Job Sheet. Otherwise I have to manually create one job sheet
for each row of customer data I have.
Can I automate this so Excel reads one row/record then writes or creates a
jobsheet, then does the same iteratively till it reaches the end of the
row(s)/record(s).
Any help on this would be much appreciated good folk .
Can you program with Excel like you can for example with Cobol ??

regs
Bobby.