Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
g s[_2_] g s[_2_] is offline

Default averaging N rows in column B which have a certain number in column A

I should clarify that 0.01, 0.02 and so on denote 4 second time period
and unfortunately they cycle i.e. after 0.99 comes 1.00 and then agai
0.01. It is a very big data file.
I guess I would have to write a macro to do something like what Olas
did and then save the output in the same or new spreahsheet?

I have to average the entries in Coulmn B and C for a time period sa
0.01 in A and then have to sum up this time averaged B*C values ove
all time periods.
In essence I am consolidating. From second to minute to hour.
Hope I am clear.
I would try out the pivot tables.
Thank u so much. It helps. :

g s's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2426