Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Roundup / Rounddown function

GM,

this will round a "punch time" according to your specs.

=MOD(INT((A1+TIME(0,7,0))*24*4)/24/4,1)

and avoids the use of rounddown and or mround
thus avoiding the necessity of analysis toolpak addin..

--
keepITcool

GreenMonster wrote :

I have a time-card worksheet in which I need to round time values up
or down to the nearest 1/4 hour based on the actual time an employee
punches in. If the punch in/out time is less than or equal to 7
minutes past the 1/4 hour then the time is rounded down to that 1/4
hour. If the punch time is greater then 7 minutes past the hour,
then the time is rounded up to the next 1/4 hour.

Example...an employee punches in at 5:33 am and punches out at 3:09
pm.

If I simply add the two times together then you get 9:36 hours worked
for the day. However, when rounding to the nearest 1/4 hour the
punch in time changes to 5:30 am and the punch out time changes to
3:15 pm. The total hours worked for the day is not 9:45.

How can I acomplish this?

Thanks