Domenic

I've just noticed (and replied to) your other post and realized that the
values for the columns you want evaluated differ from the ones in the
adjacent columns. So, if in fact you have no headers and are not
concerned with filtered data, the following formula should suffice...

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:J10="North"))

....which will count all cells in the range A1:J10 that contain the value
"North". Since Columns A, C, E, G, and I will never contain the value
"North", they won't be counted.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"Sam via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hi Domenic,

Thanks a lot for the alternative solutions - showing various ways to arrive
at the same end result. Very much appreciated.

With regard to headers: the data I'm using was extracted from another
worksheet and now starts in "Row number one" of each respective column, does
this mean the other two solutions are not viable if my data is in "Row number
one" of the worksheet?

Cheers
Sam