Anne Troy

Hi, Liesl. Just put it on a network drive, and give everyone a SHORTCUT to
it on their desktop.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"calgarydrafter" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am a complete idiot .. ummm... novice... when using Excel. Anyhow, I
have created a virtual "white board" in Excel showing which jobs are
being worked on by whom, and the idea is that when a draftsman picks up
a job, he edits the sheet to show that he has the job so that when
clients are looking for it, they can access the same sheet and see who
has it. I created the fields using macros, including a button for the
draftsmen to click when the job is done.

The problem is that I want to put this file somewhere local so that
everyone in the office has access to it. If I put it on peoples'
desktops, is there a way for the file to automatically update when it
is changed by draftsmen as they complete jobs? If I bury it in the
network nobody will use it. I could also save it as an html file, but I
haven't figured out how to make that file editable except for the
little "done" button.

Any advice from you Excel wizards out there would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Liesl