Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Milothicus[_3_] Milothicus[_3_] is offline

Default Need to Wait for 'Print' or 'Close' (VBA)

well, the macro is initiated in Solidworks, and it's all written in VBA.
I do some work in Solidworks, save info to an array, and then use
excel's API to open a spreadsheet and place the info into excel.

I'm not a complete newbie, but i'm not sure what COM/OLE automation is.
I'm just using VBA to move between the two of them. maybe that's what i
need, but i can't make sense of what you've suggested... i don't know
which section of my code would replace 'Call the COM server here...'

The code for the macro is in an .swp file (solidworks program), and the
event i mentioned above is attached to the workbook. there must be a way
to use the event in the workbook code to set a variable to 'true' in the
solidworks code.

could i send keystrokes with one to be received by the other?

--
Milothicus
Milothicus's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15121