Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AdP AdP is offline

Default VBA, Conditional formatting, Days outstanding count

Thanks a lot. I was unnecessary thinking too complex.

Anton.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I am assuming the dates are in column A and B, and the rest is in C and D

Select A1:D25
Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Change Condition1 to Formula Is
Add a formula of =$B1-$A130
Click Format, select the Pattern tab, and select Red
OK
Click Add
Change Condition2 to Formula Is
Add a formula of =$B1-$A1<=30
Click Format, select the Pattern tab, and select Green
OK
OK

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"AdP" wrote in message
Hi

I'm trying to apply conditional formatting (shade a range of 4 colums x 25
lines) based on the days an order took to be delivered.
- If DateOrdered to DateDelivered took longer than 30 days (or is still
outstanding), shade red.
- If DateOrdered to DateDelivered took shorter than 30 days, shade green.

I've tried recording a macro for some guidance, but have difficulty with

the
calculation first part. Tried adding a "calculate days outstanding"

column,
but then get #Value! error when order is not yet delivered.

Would appreciate some guidance. I'm still reading Walkenbach's VBA for
Dummies...

Thanks a lot.