Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
William Benson William Benson is offline

Default Specify Printer and Prompt for Number of Copies?

Try:

ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:= inputbox("How many
copies?",,"1") , Collate:=False

"ChadDiesel" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hello,

I want to specify a printer for one of my spreadsheets. I do not want to
print to the default printer. I set up a button on the sheet with the
following code behind it:

Sub PrintToSpecificPrinter()

prt = Application.ActivePrinter

ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1,

ActivePrinter:="LaserJet
1320"

Application.ActivePrinter = prt

End Sub

This works great, but is there a way to add code to prompt the user for

the
number of copies they wish to print? Also, I don't want to collate. I know
this doesn't seem like it would save a lot of time, but my boss asked if
this was possible so we would not have to keep changing the printer. Any
information would be appreciated.

Chad