Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dan Thompson Dan Thompson is offline

Default Data Conversion ?

I need to find a macro that will convert weekly data into monthly data
can anyone reffer me to some web sites or sections of web sites that might
have
some information on how to do this.

I am not looking to just run averages on the weekly data values for each
month.
I need it to be more accurate than that. for example
Lets say I wanted to convert weekly data to mothly data for Feb 2005
and the weekly dates for the values I had were

Feb-01-05 Data value 5.45
Feb-08-05 Data value 6.72
Feb-15-05 Data value 7.85
Feb-22-05 Data Value 4.72

Now the problem is if you just average these values You get 6.185 for a
monthly value
however that conversion method is not accurate because the weekly value for
Feb 01 actualy is comprised of data for that week which would include data
from the last week in Jan 05 likewise data values for feb 23 to 28th would
also not be included in this method of calculation. What I am looking for is
a macro that can break down the weekly data values in to daily and than
interploate the missing values between the weekly values. Then take average
only the feb daily values back into weekly values and after that average
thoes weekly values into monthly values.

Wow I hope I haven't made your head spin.
Perhaps if no one can help me out with a macro to do this, mabie you could
reffer me to some websites that have samples of such kinds of data conversion.

Help !!

Thanks in advance
Dan Thompson.