Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Export to Range from Access with TransferSpreadsheet

Perhaps there was a reason in earlier versions of Excel, that's no
longer a problem.

You may want to add some error checking so it adds the sheet if it's not
already in the workbook (if possible).

deko wrote:
I've tested in Office XP and Office 97, and it worked, so you should be
okay. There are other undocumented "features" but I guess you assume a
risk in using them.

Thanks for the validation.

I tested on 3 different machines: one with WinXP/Office2003, one with
WinXP-SP2/Office2003, and one with Win2000/Office2002 (all at current patch
levels). All worked without incident.

Still, there must be some reason why MS said not to do this.

But if I can't get it to break, I'm going to use it.

The only other way to accomplish what I'm trying to do would be to export
each Access table into a temporary worksheet (as you suggested) and then use
automation to open the workbook and move each table of data to it's
respective range in a new worksheet, and then delete the temporary
worksheets.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List