Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stratuser Stratuser is offline

Default Store Variable with Exported Worksheet

Yes, the exported worksheet will be an xls file. Thanks for your help.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

assuming by exported data worksheet you mean an .xls file. Then created a
sheet level defined name and assign it the value (in you exported
worksheet). This is the same as you named range, but instead of refering to
a range, refer to a value.

If your exported worksheet will not be an xls file, then what will it be?

Tom Ogilvy

"Stratuser" wrote in message
I'd like to store a value with an exported data worksheet, but I don't

want
to put the value in a cell. I just want the number to ride along with the
data worksheet, because I'm going to use the number later when I reimport

the
data worksheet back into the program. The number is a value that comes

from
a named range in the program that will export the data worksheet. Once I
export the data worksheet, the value that goes with it will not change.

How should I do this?