Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tushar Mehta Tushar Mehta is offline

Default Predictive Model Needs Macro Timer!

For what you want to do, XL's OnTime method is probably the easiest to
you. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm, which, in addition
to describing the OnTime method, also describes the API timer routines.
Do be aware that there are differences in how the two behave.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...

I've created a real-time predictive model engine using excel as the
platform.

I use a real-time database built inside excel using part static data
and part live data through a real-time DDE feed from a third party. I
have no problem running macros that update any of my databases
containing data for one day and up (Weekly, Monthly, etc.).

However, I now need to build 6 more real-time databases in excel with
Time Intervals LESS than 1 day. This means Intra-Day updates of the
data using the update Macros. Doing this manually would be a real pain
and not very practical to boot.

I need to update these new databases in real-time at SPECIFIC time
intervals (i.e., 5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min, 2 hours, and 4 hours)
and I don't want to have to sit in front of the computer running manual
macros all day long.

I need a way to execute the macros responsible for doing the database
updates *every =3FX =3Fnumber of minutes* WITHOUT having that sheet
containing the macro in state condition (i.e., active and visible on
screen).

So, I need a *=3FMacro Timer=3F* of sorts that will run in the background
at fixed time intervals while allowing me to continue working in other
excel sheets/workbooks.

Possible - or Pipe Dream?

Thanks a bunch!
MacroOnTime