Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default add-ins don't work

yep.
entirely true.
some addins still use AutoMacros.

--
keepITcool

Rob wrote :

Thanks for your reply. In my search I also found another reply from
Bob Phillips, which I think would suggest the modification to your
code shown below, which runs the open event of each of the adddins.

dim xlApp as excel.application
dim ai as excel.addin
for each ai in xlApp.addins
if ai.installed then xlApp.Workbooks.open(ai.fullname,
addtomru:=false).RunAutoMacros 1
next

"keepITcool" wrote:

assuming you accessing excel thru automation..
opening the "normally installed" addins:

dim xlApp as excel.application
dim ai as excel.addin
for each ai in xlApp.addins
if ai.installed then xlApp.Workbooks.open ai.fullname,
addtomru:=false next

--
keepITcool
www.XLsupport.com | keepITcool chello nl | amsterdam

Rob wrote :

how do you do that?
Thanks
Rob

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

We need a few more details... are you opening things through
Code? Code does not load the addins by default. You have to to
that manually...

"Boba" wrote:

Excel 2002 (v.10.2614) on W2kPro (sp4) does not load add-ins
into memory.
Please help. Boba