Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jamie Collins Jamie Collins is offline

Default ADODB is unable to copy more than 255 chars in excel cell

keepITcool wrote:
Tried your suggestion...some changes but no luck.

Me neither. I generated the most preposterous Jet error there is:

UPDATE [Excel
8.0;HDR=NO;IMEX=1;Database=C:\Test69.xls;].[TestMemo$A3:A3] SET F1 = 'i
could dance when i was young and i was pretty good id do all the tricks
and such but back then everybody could i should have seen how this
would be but nothings true till ive seen it on tv yet there you were in
your high heels and curls coming in as big as life from your side of my
world lets pretend weve never loved lets pretend our hands are clean
free of all the spit and shine and the smell of gasoline cause here
come the planes and the tambourines the funeral march and the beauty
queens the circus freaks selling lemonade from the back of an open air
motorcade here come the heart machines and the baby shoes the ship to
shore relay of the sporting news that mail order brides fake bleeps and
pearls all making way from your side of my world';

"Operation must use an updateable query."

Huh? I'm not using a query!

Jamie.