Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brian Barbre[_2_] Brian Barbre[_2_] is offline

Default Footer font formating in Excel

Steve,
Thank you for the quick response. The VBA code you gave made sense and I
think is a great solution. However, I had a problem when I tried to apply it
to my situation. I have a template in excel I am printing that expands or
contracts when it runs through a print macro depending on the data it is
reporting. In order to best fit the page for printing I have the scaling set
to 1 page wide by 1 page tall. zm = ActiveSheet.PageSetup.Zoom therefore
returns a 0. I can't figure out how to switch the scaling to zoom using VBA
(I tried using ActiveSheet.PageSetup.Zoom = True but it doesn't work). Any
thoughts about an alternative solution?

Thanks so much
Brian

"STEVE BELL" wrote:

Dim zm As Single, FS As Single

zm = ActiveSheet.PageSetup.Zoom
FS = 12 * (100 / zm)
'
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.LeftFooter = "&" & FS & "MyFooter"
End With

amend to fit your needs...

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"Brian Barbre" <Brian wrote in message
I wrote VB to format my footer font in excel to a certain point size. I
also
have to scale the page I am printing to 1 wide by 1 tall. I want the font
appear the same size on all the pages that I am printing, but becasue each
page is scaling differently the font appears larger or smaller when
printed.

***Is there a way to scale the page being printed in excel, without
scaling
the footer (or header) font.***