Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MChrist MChrist is offline

Default Refreshing Pivot table Pull Downs

I have a pivot table that lists various items by period. I'm importing data
for a pivot table from an MS SQL database. And after the import I'm using:

ActiveSheet.PivotTables("ReportPivot").PivotCache. Refresh

to refresh the pivot table after the data is updated.

The problem I am having is the Pull Down for selecting which periods to
include in the pivot is not updating with the updates. While it includes new
periods are added, the previous periods that are no longer in the dataset are
also included (the report periods in the data are 2004-2005, but the pull
down includes periods from 2003-2005).

Is there a way either through VB code or an option I'm missing to force the
pull downs to refresh?

Thanks for your help.

Mark