Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Madhavan Madhavan is offline

Default Vendor Sourcing Tool

Hi all,
I'm developing a tool which minimizes the total sourcing cost and delivery
lead times provided with some constraints. So i'm calling Excel Solver from
VBA. But, I'm getting the following error when i call solver from VBA.

"Solver: An unexpected internal error occured, or available memory was
exhausted."

I use excel 2000 SP3 version.
Is there any way to get rid of this problem? If in case this could not be
solved, how far is it feasible to write a code to solve the minimization
Linear Programming problem instead of going for Solver? (I wonder would that
be a great task to do as I'm new to VBA and i'm learning a lot from this
discussion group). Pls guide me in the right path.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Madhavan.R