Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Inserting a drawing object into a cell

You calculate the dimensions of the rectangle and add it to the worksheet at
a specific location. how is that kludgy?

The code you have for setting the name does nothing except build a string
and therefore the code to set the move attribute may or may not work, and if
it does, it is by accident.

Tom Ogilvy

"RPrinceton" wrote
in message ...

Hi Everyone,
I am attempting to insert a small rectangle in a column of cells.
I have searched this forum and have found some examples but have run
into problems when attempting
to use them as illustrated. I managed to cobble together this block of
code included below.
Although it works i.e., it places a small rectangle centered in the
cells in rows 1 thru 10,
column 1, it seems border line kludgy and I have to believe there is a
better way.
Please advise. Thx in advance.
RPrinceton

Dim r as integer
Dim c as integer
Dim shObj as Object
Dim myRect as String
Dim rectSZ as Integer
c = 1
For r = 1 To 10
With Worksheets(1).Cells(r, c)
Set shObj = .Parent.Shapes.AddShape(Type:=msoShapeRectangle, _
Left:=.Left + (.Width -
rectSz) / 2, _
Top:=.Top + (.Height -
rectSz) / 2, _
Width:=rectSz, _
Height:=rectSz)
End With
myRect = "Rectangle " & r ' give rectangle a name
ActiveSheet.Shapes(myRect).Placement = xlMove ' insert rectangle into
cell
Next r

--
RPrinceton