Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Robert Bruce[_2_] Robert Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default How to Create an Excel file?

Roedd <<Kervin wedi ysgrifennu:

I am looking for an example of how to dynamically create an Excel
file (from ASP.NET) using MSTO (Microsoft Tools for Office) or by any
other means.
I have found many examples that look like hacks to me. Is there a MS
recomended practice?

As far as I am aware, the MS recommended practice is NOT to use Excel since
it was designed as a client app and WILL exhibit instability and memory
leaks on a 24/7 server. There are other COM and NET components that are
available (at a price) that will suit your requirements better.

--
Rob

http://www.asta51.dsl.pipex.com/webcam/

This message is copyright Robert Bruce and intended
for distribution only via NNTP.
Dissemination via third party Web forums with the
exception of Google Groups and Microsoft Communities
is strictly prohibited and may result in legal action.