Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mark Seger Mark Seger is offline

Default Translating spreadsheet formula to VBA

the thing to so is go to tools-macro-record new macro. Now enter your
formula into the spreadsheet and then tools-macro-stop recording.
Then, go into tools-macro-edit and see what was recorded. It's that easy.
-mark

bharat wrote:
Hi
I am a beginner of VBA and this is my first VBA project. I am working
on this excel matrix (see below a portion of the matrix) and attempt
to call this matrix in excel sheet from VBA.

What I tried to do is select a cell based on the condtion on from and
to species (JP, SC, RN, RP and WP are speceis code). For example, if
the condition is RN (from) and JP (to), the VBA function should give
-0.083 for a variable name A1.

I used a formula
(=OFFSET(AB3,MATCH(E5,$AB$4:$AB$71,0),MATCH(C5,$AC $3:$CR$3,0))) in Exel
sheet, it works fine but I tried to use the same in VBA in excel, but it
does not work. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Bharat

From/To JP SC RN RP WP
JP 0 0 -0.083 -0.083 0