Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC is offline

Default Help with VB Call function from Excel

The current code in VB Excel makes me "hard code" all of my datasources.

The specific syntax is:

Call WLE.WebUpdate("$Auto_DailyDataSource1")
Call WLE.WebUpdate("$Auto_WeeklyDataSource

Can someone help modify this code so that any datasource that begins with the name of "$Auto_" with
any name after the "_" be updated.

Here is my existing VB Excel code:

// begin

Public Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" Alias "Sleep" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long)

Sub auto_open()
Dim WLE As WealthLab.WL3
Set WLE = New WealthLab.WL3
Sleep(5000)
Call WLE.WebUpdate("$Auto_DailyDataSource1")
Call WLE.WebUpdate("$Auto_WeeklyDataSource2")
Set WLE = Nothing
Application.Quit
End Sub

// end

Thanks much,

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC
Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP
Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address:

NOTE: My web home page:
www.seldin.net