Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Looping thru files extracting data

More examples here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message ...
gtslabs shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.programming:

I need to extract a range of cells from 16 excel files and paste the
"values" into 1 file.
My extraction range is J26..L80 on a tab called "Linked Data".
My data files are labeled "anything Load 1.xls" where the name stays
the same but I increment the value 1 thru 16.

So I was hoping to have some way of opening the file open window,
picking the first file in the series and the macro would then loop
thru all 16 files and paste the data in to a separate temporary file.

My temp file would have these 3 columns of data then an empty column
then the next file would be opened and the "values" inserted next to
it similar to the following:

x x x x x x x x x x x x
x x x x x x x x x x x x
x x x x x x x x x x x x
x x x x x x x x x x x x

Extracting data from Excel files can even be done without opening them!
http://www.rondebruin.nl/ado.htm#files

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1