CyberTaz

That URL doesn't work as a hyperlink or when used in the IE address bar, so
the problem is not with Excel or the import feature.

My guess is that the site has been modified and maybe in such a way as to
prevent downloading of data.

Have you tried recreating the query and navigating to the current page?

Good Luck |:)

"Festus Bola Ademorijimi" wrote:

Folks,
I am using an excel 2000, and I set up the Microsoft's saved web query
"Microsoft Investor Stock Quotes.iqy" which ran smoothly, and I was able to
refresh the data on my worksheet until some months ago when it stopped
working. I have tried setting up a new one that still would not work.
Any idea how to get this working again? I have tried rebooting my machine,
still no luck.
Here is the message which I am getting each time I tried to refresh the
query: Unable to open
http://investor.msn.com/external/exc...asp?symbol=LU+ Cannot download
the information you requested"
Note-LU is the symbol of the stock which I set up