Bob Phillips

Apart from option 2 and 3 which were not mentioned before, that is
consistent with what you said before, so does enlighten me at all.

So, what are the answers to my previous questions, and can we keep to one
thread please. I and others who may wish to participate struggle to keep
abreast of the topic otherwise.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Anthony" wrote in message
Sorry Bob - I do appreciate ur help but now I'm very confused,
maybe if I explain 'the whole picture' you can come up with some better

code??
I have a menu on my personal toolbar with 3 options
1) create new log
2) view today's log
3) vire historic log

so what I requie is :-
in option1 for the user to be able to create a log, which is a copy of my
'master log' worksheet and rename this new sheet as today's date. However

if
a log has already been opened for 'today' a msg box advising the user so

and
if they wish to view it.
in option2 for the user to be able to view todays log (ie a search for a

log
named 'todays date') - again if one not found then a msg box advising so

and
a further option to create one.in option3 a msg box to alow the user to

input
a date eg 13Jul and a search is carried out for that named worksheet if

found
it is displayed - if not a msg box advising so.

I Hope this has made my final goal more understanable and I would be very
very very gratful for any code you could provide.
Thanks for your understanding
Anthony