Morphyus C via OfficeKB.com

Default match,lookup or vlookup????

Hi guys, I 'm having a bit difficulty finding out the right solution of my
poblem.
Here is the case.

FIRST LIST SECOND LIST
Acct Amt Acct
Amt
4001400 $679 4000086 $1000
4000334 $23456 4000087 $213
4000480 $2776 4001400 $1234
4000764 $565 4000791 $2035
4000772 $454 400125 $2379
4000791 $656 401253 $120

Now what I like to do is (by using some kind a combination of vlookup, lookup,
or match commands) that use the amount of the second list with there
corresponding acct # but if there is any acct match with the first list use
the first list amount. So for instance, acct # 4001400 should display $679
and NOT $1234 and also for acct #4000791 should have the result $656 and not
$2035. The rest accts should have the amount from the second list.
I hope I able to explain it properly.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Morphyus