Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Need help with macro to move cell data

Sub Adjust Data()
set rng = Columns(2).SpecialCells(xlConstants)
for each cell in rng
cell.offset(2,-1).Value = cell
cell.ClearContents
Next
End sub

Tom Ogilvy

"laralea" wrote in message
I need to move cell data down 2 cells and over 1 cell to the left, then

find
the next cell with data within the same column and repeat the move.

Example:
B15 has a name in it and I need to move it to A17, then look 5 cells down

in
column B for the next name and move it down 2 and over 1 cell. The number

of
records varies greatly, so the macro needs to loop thru the records until
there are no more records.

The data is imported into Excel from a proprietary business application.

Thanks for any help!!