Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Script out of range error

If the user answers no to your prompt, then

qfFile = "CSQuoteForm.xls"

and from the context of your code, I would assume there is no open file with
that name. thus the subscript out of range error.

Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I'm not sure why I'm getting an error 'run-time error '9': script out
of range' at Windows(qfFile).Activate

Here is the code:

Sub ProcessCS()

Const qfPath = "C:\Documents and Settings\John\My
Documents\quoteprogramfiles\"
Const qrPath = "C:\Documents and Settings\John\My
Documents\CSQuotes\"
Const qrFile = "CSQuoteReport.xls"

' Check if you are in the quote or a processed quote
If isFile(qfPath & "CSQuoteForm.xls") = False Then
response = MsgBox("This quote has already been processed. Do
you want to create a new quote with a new quote number by copying this
already processed quote?", _
vbYesNo + vbQuestion)
qfFile = ThisWorkbook.Name
Else
response = vbNo
qfFile = "CSQuoteForm.xls"
End If

Windows(qfFile).Activate
Range("F3").Select
ActiveCell = q

I'm just a novice at this and would much appreciate the help. I'm
reading a VB book, but need to know quickly for a job I'm doing. Sorry
to be a pest.

Also, the file personal.xls keeps randomly opening and if anyone has a
hint where I can look to stop this, that would be great, too. I can't
even find the file.

Michele