Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Damien McBain[_2_] Damien McBain[_2_] is offline

Default determining a price based on 700 combinations

"crimsonkng" wrote in message
I wrote a 6,000-line macro but am getting stuck with the following problem.
(I posted this in "General Questions" but I didn't receive any responses
so I
thought I'd try "Programming.")

I need to determine a price based 735 combinations of
choices. Basically, in Column A, I have a list of 7 days of arrival
(Mon-Sun). In Column B, I have a list of 15 length-of-hours worked (from
8
hours over 1 day to 80 hours over 12 days); in Column C, I have a list of
7
days of departure (Mon-Sun). (I created the lists using Data, Validation,
List). The User chooses one from each
column in ANY combination (7 x 15 x 7) ... that's 735 combinations. I can
(try
to) figure out how an OLAP cube or a Pivot Table works ... but I don't
want
to waste my time if it's not going to solve my problem to begin with. So,
do
you know if I can create some kind of cube/table/something so that I
determine a price, in Column D, based on any combination of the three
lists?

Is there a mathematical relationship betweeen the different combinations or
do you want to define them all manually?